| || |
|Comprehensive Plan - Update|
The La Porte Comprehensive Plan is an official public document that acts as a general guide for how the City should grow and operate over the next twenty years. The Comprehensive Plan plays many important roles in shaping the future of the community by:
- Serving as a general "guideline" for future development and redevelopment in and around the City with an emphasis on improving the community's desireability as a place to live, work, play, and shop.
- Documenting the character of the community, as well as anticipated issues, trends, opportunities, and challenges facing the City.
- Providing a common vision supported by a series fo goals and objectives.
- Defining policies to guide daily decision-making regarding the City's physical and economic growth.
- Establishing strategies for implementation that emphasize action and results.
- The 2010 Comprehensive Plan update is intended to provide policy guidance, thereby, providing a framework for various development-related decisions and for areas that are in need of special land use related policies.
- The goal of the Comprehensive Plan Update is to provide an overall guide for future growth, development, new ideas, and direction as the City progresses, changes, and grows.