| || |
If you meet the requirements listed below come by:
Fire Administration Office
124 South 2nd St.
La Porte, Texas 77571
8:00am - 5:00pm
and pick up an application or download the application here
- Must be 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED.
- Must reside within the city limits of La Porte or areas under La Porte Fire Department protection
- Must have acceptable driving record
- Must not have substantial criminal record. No outstanding warrants or wants
- Must not be abusing drugs or excessive use of alcohol.
- Must have a valid Texas drivers license.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language.
- Any physical limitation such as missing limbs, digits, etc. will be reviewed by chief and staff.
- Must fill out application in full and personal record form.
- Are you aware of the physical requirements such as lifting, climbing and other strenuous activities?
- Must be willing to list any medications, such as insulin, blood pressure medications, etc.
- Applicant be considered on probation for 6 months following acceptance to the department, subject to any disciplinary action deemed necessary by the department for violations of policies, such as reprimands, extended probation periods, suspensions, or removal for the department.
- Must submit to drug testing and pass as required by the City of La Porte