| || |
If you meet the requirements listed below and wish to apply to be a volunteer, please come by to pick up an application at the following address:
Fire Administration Office
125 South 3rd Street
La Porte, Texas 77571
8:00am - 5:00pm
You may also download the application here. This can be submitted to the address above or emailed to email@example.com.
- Must be 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED.
- Must reside within the city limits of La Porte or areas under La Porte Fire Department protection.
- Must have acceptable driving record.
- Must not have substantial criminal record. No outstanding warrants or wants.
- Must not be abusing drugs or excessive use of alcohol. Applicant will be required to submit to drug testing and pass as required by the City of La Porte.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language.
- Must fill out the application and personal record form in full.
- Must be willing to list any medications, such as insulin, blood pressure medications, etc.
- Any physical limitations such as missing limbs, digits, etc. will be considered by the fire chief and staff on a case-by-case basis.
- Please be aware of the physical requirements this endeavor entails such as lifting, climbing and other strenuous activities.
- Applicants will be considered on probation for 6 months following acceptance to the fire department subject to any disciplinary action deemed necessary by the department for violations of policies such as reprimands, extended probation periods, suspensions, or removal from the department.