| || |
The La Porte Recycling Center is open 7:00am - 7:00pm, 7 days-a-week (subject to change due to holidays). It is located at:
2963 North 23rd Street
Public Works Service Center location
Staff is available to assist with unloading recycle materials and load trucks with mulch Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm and on Saturdays from 12:00pm to 4:00pm.
MULCH IS NOW AVAILABLE
Why Recycle | Accepted Items | Recycling Metal | Recycling Oil | Recyle Information |
Texas Computer-Equipment Recycling Program
Solid waste disposal is a large portion of the City’s annual budget. By recycling as much of the waste as possible, the City is able to lower the disposal costs. Every cubic yard of waste recycled is a cubic yard of landfill and citizen dollars saved. Recycling of yard wastes allows the City to produce mulch and compost which is used in City parks and nature trails. The City is able to make this product available to our citizens at no cost most of the year. Oil recycling allows the citizen a way to properly dispose of used motor oil in an environmentally responsible way and keep oil out of our waterways.
Recycling allows the reuse of precious resources which have become more expensive and less available over the years.
City Recycling Center Accepts:
- Newspapers, Magazines, Phone books, and Catalogs
- #1 and #2s, such as: milk bottles, water bottles, soda bottles, juice bottles, bleach bottles, vitamin bottles, over-the-counter medicine bottles, shampoo bottles (bottles should be rinsed out).
- Tin and Steel Products/Cans
- Aluminum Products/Cans
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Fiberboard Boxes
- Such as cereal boxes, cake boxes, macaroni boxes, soda boxes.
- Clear and Colored Glass
- Include alkaline, automobile, motorcycle, RV, Marine, computer, laptop, Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPSes). Only accepted on Saturday Recycling Day
- Brush, Leaves, and Grass
- Old Paint Cans
- Only accepted on Saturday
All metals (except aluminum cans) are collected on the regularly scheduled heavy trash day, separated, and transported to the Public Works Service Center where it is placed in a container. The container is collected by a vendor and the City receives scrap value for the metal.
Operating hours and procedures:
- Open 24 hours, 7 days-a-week
- Used motor oil and filters only.
- Cooking oil is accepted , leave in container with label on it.
- You may drop off used antifreeze as long as it is kept in the container you brought it in.
- No commercial operators waste will accepted; do-it-yourselfers only!
Oil Recycling Centers are at these locations for your convenience:
- Public Works Service Center at 2963 North 23rd Street
- Allen and Kerber Auto Supply at 518 West Main Street
- Water Well at 10215 Hillridge
- Water Well at 8610 Bandridge
- Howard's Hardware at 2426 Old Highway 146
Brush is collected separately from residences on the regularly scheduled heavy trash day and transported to Public Works. The brush is chipped using a tub grinder and allowed to much.
The mulch is used by the City’s Parks and Recreation Department in City parks and nature trails.
In 2000, the City of La Porte purchased a tub grinder to grind brush, wood and yard waste set at the curb by La Porte residents on their regular heavy trash scheduled pickup.