| || |
|Requirements for Direct Sellers in Residential Neighborhoods|
- Solicitor Applicant obtains a Solicitor's Application and a copy of Section from the Code of Ordinances Article V 22-286 at the City Secretary's Office.
- Applicant calls the La Porte Police Department to schedule an appointment for the following:
- Complete paperwork for fingerprinting. (Each person going door-to-door must be fingerprinted)
- Applicant brings the following to the City Secretary's Office:
- The completed application.
- Fingerprinting paperwork from the Police Department.
- 3 letters of recommendation from Harris County homeowners or out-of-town home owners.
- $75 for License Fee (Annual License runs from January to December)
- $2,000 Surety Bond Information
- $2 for Solicitor's Badges (The badge must be worn by each Solicitor going door-to-door.)
(This fee is also refundable if applicant does not qualify.)
- If obtaining a food permit, a Harris County medallion must be provided to the City Secretary's Office
- The information above will be receipted in the City Secretary's Office and then forwarded to the City Attorney's Office for review. This procedure may take approximately one week.
- After the Information is reviewed and approved by the City Attorney/City Secretary's Office, the applicant applying for the license will be notified by letter or phone.
Requirements for Direct Sellers in Residential Neighborhoods Application