E-mail storyPrint friendly format
Homepage > Online Services > FAQs > Police

Police Department

Are fireworks legal in the City of La Porte?
 No, you cannot possess or discharge fireworks within the city limits.

Do I have to have an alarm permit for my residence?
Yes, you are required to obtain a permit from the City of La Porte if you have a monitored alarm at your residence. There is a one time $35 charge for the permit and annual renewal is $35. Contact city hall for further information.

Does La Porte have a juvenile curfew?
The City of La Porte has a city ordinance regarding juvenile curfew. The ordinance states:
It shall be unlawful for any minor to knowingly remain, walk, run, stand, drive or ride about, in or upon any public place in the city:

(1) Between the hours of 12:00 at night (midnight) and 6:00 a.m. on any day of the week; 
(2) Between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. on any day on which classes are in session in the La Porte Independent School District.

There are several exceptions to this ordinance with regard to emergencies, school and work functions, and other situations.

I was involved in an accident, where can I get a copy of the report?
You can obtain a copy of an accident report by contacting the records division at the La Porte Police Department. Records hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. There is a $6.00 charge for accident reports.

Where is the animal shelter?
The Animal Control Division of the La Porte Police Department is responsible for animals within the city limits. The animal Control Officers are dispatched by the La Porte Police Department.

1201 South 4th Street
La Porte
TX 77571

Phone: (281) 471-3811

Click Here to view Map.

Who can I contact for information on obtaining a restraining order?
Restraining orders are handled by the Harris County Family Law Center in Houston. They can be reached at 713-755-5888.